December 1, 2020
Dr. Darrell “Jack” Holley/MUSIC Scholarship for 2021 Now Open
Dr. Darrell “Jack” Holley/MUSIC Scholarship
The Missouri United School Insurance Council (MUSIC) encourages you to apply for the Dr. Darrell “Jack” Holley/MUSIC Scholarships. The funding of the scholarships is provided by proceeds from the golf tournament and corporate donations.
Dr. Darrell “Jack” Holley was MUSIC’s first Executive Director. As a school business official with the Mehlville School District and president of MOASBO, he worked with the Arthur J Gallagher Company and others to create the MUSIC Program in 1985. Jack served as the Executive Director for twelve years developing/enhancing coverages, expanding services and growing the program to include close to 400 school districts, community colleges and educational associations before retiring. We are all very proud of Dr. Holley and honored to provide these scholarships in his name. You can still see Jack at the MUSIC-MOASBO Golf Tournament held each May, playing and telling stories of how it all started.
MUSIC members are designated into three enrollment size categories: small, medium and large. Six scholarships (two in each category) of $2,000.00 each (nonrenewable) will be awarded to 2021 graduating seniors of districts that are MUSIC members.
The following guidelines will govern the scholarship program.
- The public high school you attend must be in a district that is a current member of MUSIC, unless a K-8 district nominates you.
- Only ONE application from each high school is to be submitted.
- The application form must be postmarked by February 26, 2021. Late applications will not be considered.
- All applications must be (typed) printed. No handwritten applications will be considered.
- A copy of your official high school transcript (based on seven semesters) including your ACT or SAT score needs to accompany your application.
- Your application packet should include a letter of recommendation from a district administrator, counselor or teacher (submit only one (1) letter).
- The recipients will be posted on the MUSIC website (http://www.musicprogram.org) by April 9, 2021.
- The scholarship will be sent directly to the recipients once proof of paid college tuition is provided.
Send completed application packets to:
Mark Stockwell, Executive Director
12444 Powerscourt Drive, Suite 500
St. Louis, MO 63131
ATTN: Scholarship Application