Quick Start Guide for Participants
Participate in an Acrobat Connect Pro Meeting
REQUIRED SOFTWARE TO PARTICIPATE IN A MEETING
Connect Pro only requires that you have an internet connection, a web browser, and Adobe Flash Player Version 8 or later to attend a web conference. Connect Pro supports nearly any operating system including Windows, Macintosh, Linux and Solaris, as well as the most widely used browsers including Internet Explorer, Firefox, and Safari.
TEST YOUR COMPUTER
1. It is recommended that you test your computer prior to attending a meeting by going tohttps://admin.adobe.acrobat.com/common/help/en/support/meeting_test.htm.
2. The connection test checks your computer to make sure all system requirements are met. If you pass the first three steps of the test, you are ready to participate in a meeting.
Tip: The fourth step of the Connection Test is for the Adobe Connect Add-In which is only required for meeting hosts and presenters. Installing the Add-In is not required, but doing so enhances your meeting experience.
3. If you do not pass the Connection Test, perform the suggested actions and run the test again.
JOIN A MEETING
1. You have likely received an email invitation with meeting access information. When the meeting time arrives, click the link or enter the URL into your web browser.
To join the meeting: http://ajg.adobeconnect.com/music1/ (example)
If you have never attended a Connect Pro meeting before:
Test your connection: https://admin.acrobat.com/common/help/en/support/meeting_test.htm
2. The meeting login screen appears. If you do not have a Connect Pro username and password, choose Enter as a Guest, type in your first and last name and click Enter Room.
3. The meeting launches in your browser. If the meeting host has not yet arrived to the meeting or meeting security requires the host to approve your attendance, you will be placed in a waiting room.
4. Once the meeting host accepts you into the meeting, the meeting room interface appears.
Meeting hosts have control over how the audio portion of your meeting is conducted. They can choose to use an integrated teleconference or Voice over IP (VoIP).
Integrated audio conference
A telephone icon will appear in the upper right corner of the meeting room. Click the icon and then click Call My Phone. In the Join Teleconference dialog, enter your telephone number and click Call My Phone. The teleconference calls your phone. When you answer, you are asked to press 1 to join the conference.
Tip: If the phone icon does not appear, check the invitation for audio conferencing numbers and instructions.
Voice over IP
When this option is selected, you can hear meeting audio through your computer speakers. If meeting attendees speak using VoIP, you wil see a speaker icon next to their name.
Meeting hosts may give you the ability to broadcast your audio using VoIP. When this is the case, a microphone icon appears next to your name in the Attendee List and a Talk button appears at the bottom of the meeting window. To speak, click Talk and speak into your computer’s microphone.
Tip: If you are having issues with using VoIP, it is recommended that you run through the Audio Setup Wizard to optimize your experience. To do this, go to Meeting > Manage My Settings > Audio Setup Wizard and complete the requested steps.
CHANGE YOUR STATUS
Within a meeting, you can change your status to communicate with other meeting attendees.
To change your status, click Change Status and select the desired status option. When you set your status, an icon appears next to your name in the attendee list.
If you select options above the line such as Raise Hand or Step Away, your status remains until you choose Clear My Status. If you choose an option below the line such as Speed Up or Applause, your status automatically clears itself.
CHAT WITH OTHER ATTENDEES
If the meeting host enables this feature, you can chat with other meeting attendees.
To do this, simply type a message in the Chat pod as you would in any instant messaging program. Type Enter or click Send Message to send your message.
You can choose to send your message to all attendees, just meeting hosts and presenters or, if the host enables this, to specific attendees.
In some instances, the Chat pod serves as an area for you to ask questions. If this is the case, any messages you submit are sent to the meeting hosts and presenters and do not immediately appear in the Chat pod.