The Missouri United School Insurance Council was established in 1985 for the purpose of providing broad Property and Casualty coverages under one comprehensive plan for all participating members. The MUSIC Program exists solely for the benefit of its participating Public School Districts, Community Colleges, and affiliated organizations and has tailored coverages to the needs of those entities. In addition, we provide comprehensive risk management services to further our commitment to keep our members’ costs low and schools safe.
The mission of the Missouri United School Insurance Council is to provide an effective, affordable, and high-quality integrated risk management program for Missouri Public School Districts, Community Colleges, and other qualified entities in the State of Missouri.
MUSIC Facts & Figures
Number of Members – Over 475 which include public school districts, community colleges, and education associations
- MUSIC Annual Budget – approximately $88 million
- Member Enrollment Range – districts vary in size from 20 students to over 19,000 students
- Number of Member Employees – Over 105,000
- Number of Teachers – Over 50,000
- Member Payrolls – Over $4 billion
- Property Values – Over $22 billion
- Number of Buildings – Over 5,800
- Number of Buses – Over 6,400
- Other Vehicles – Over 3,900
- Student Count – Over 660,000
- Number of Claims Managed Since Inception – Over 133,000
The MUSIC Program is administered by Gallagher under contract with the Board of Directors. Gallagher (www.ajg.com) is a full service, international insurance brokerage and risk management consulting firm with expertise in self-funded pooling program administration.